Finding Legal Help
You are not required to hire an attorney, but legal matters can be complicated. Consider talking to an attorney to go over your options. See the Finding Legal Help page for information about free and low cost ways to get legal help.
Como encontrar ayuda legal
Usted no está obligado a contratar un abogado, pero los asuntos legales pueden ser complicados. Considere la posibilidad de hablar con un abogado para hablar de sus opciones. Para información sobre cómo obtener ayuda legal vea nuestra página Como encontrar ayuda legal.
Utah State Courts Alerts and Information
(8/26/222) On August 26, 2022, the Chief Justice, on behalf of the Judicial Council and the Supreme Court, issued a new Administrative Order terminating all previous COVID-19-Related Orders. Throughout the pandemic, the judiciary has consistently focused on the safety of patrons and court personnel. Though risks of infection with COVID-19 still exist, those risks can be appropriately managed without statewide orders from the Judicial Council and Supreme Court.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
The Utah Judiciary is committed to the open, fair, and efficient administration of justice under the law. If you are feeling unwell or may have been exposed to COVID-19 and have questions concerning your case, please contact the courts using our Online Directory.
- Administrative Order Terminating COVID-19-Related Orders (8/26/2022) - PDF
Information about Filing Documents (Filing by email)
- People representing themselves may file documents by emailing them to the court.
Attending a Remote Hearing
The public is able to attend most court hearings, even if it is being held remotely.
- Some courts are adding the Webex Event link in the online calendar.
- If there is no link in the calendar, contact the judge's team and request a link.
- If there is no contact information for the judge's team, contact the court location to request a link.
We have created easy guides to help walk you through how to participate in a remote court hearing:
- First Time Users of Cisco Webex Meetings - PDF
- Webex Tips for Pro SE Litigants - PDF
- Webex Tips for Jurors: Jury Selection (voir dire) - PDF
The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.