Finding Legal Help
You are not required to hire an attorney, but legal matters can be complicated. Consider talking to an attorney to go over your options. See the Finding Legal Help page for information about free and low cost ways to get legal help.
Como encontrar ayuda legal
Usted no está obligado a contratar un abogado, pero los asuntos legales pueden ser complicados. Considere la posibilidad de hablar con un abogado para hablar de sus opciones. Para información sobre cómo obtener ayuda legal vea nuestra página Como encontrar ayuda legal.
Juror Information / Juryroom
- I received a qualification letter
- I need to complete the Third District Court Criminal Case and Covid-19 Questionnaire
- I received a summons
- I'm going to the courthouse
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Juror Video
- Contact Us
- Back to Main Page
- Wireless Access in the Court
Third District Court Criminal Case and Covid-19 Questionnaire
I received an email from Third District Court Presiding Judge Mark S. Kouris telling me that I must complete the Third District Court Criminal Case and Covid-19 Questionnaire.
What do I do now?
Please click on this link and complete and submit the Third District Court Criminal Case and Covid-19 Questionnaire. Once you have submitted it, you will receive an email with additional instructions.
Answers to frequently asked questions:
- If you did not receive an email from Presiding Judge Mark S. Kouris, you do not need to complete the Third District Court Criminal Case and Covid-19 Questionnaire.
- You may not have someone else answer the questions for you. It is very important that the answers be yours and yours alone. Remember that there are no "right" or "wrong" answers; only truthful answers. You are sworn to give true and complete answers to all questions.
- The Questionnaire will be reviewed by the judge and the lawyers involved in the case. The Questionnaire will not be made public.
- If you are called for jury service, you will receive an email with a Summons for Jury Service. The Summons will include instructions regarding virtual jury selection, which will be conducted by WebEx video conferencing.
- You are not automatically excused from jury service if you answer "yes" to any of the Covid-19 questions. During jury selection, the judge will discuss any concerns that you may have regarding COVID-19 and then decide whether to excuse you.
- You may contact the jury clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (801) 238-7175 with any questions.
The Utah State Courts mission is to provide the people an open, fair, efficient, and independent system for the advancement of justice under the law.