Shared Master Offense Table
A Shared Master Offense Table has been built to provide consistency in offenses used throughout the criminal justice system. The Utah Prosecution Council, Administrative Office of the Courts, Driver License Division and Bureau of Criminal Identification all contribute to the Shared Master Offense Table.
In order for an offense violation code to be available in CORIS it must be approved for addition to the Shared Master Offense Table
District and Justice Courts can request an offense violation code be added to the Shared Master Offense table at Request an Offense Code be added to the Shared Master Offense Table.
For additional questions you can contact Lisa Crenshaw in the Administrative Office of the Courts at 801-578-3875 or email@example.com.
CORIS Offense Table
Brief, non-technical definitions of the fields contained in the file are as follows:
- viol_code: The statutory offense code.
- gov_code: Offenses listed alphabetically by gov_code, a list of the gov codes is attached. - PDF| Excel
- descr: A 60 character field used for the description of the offense.
- ncic_code: The NCIC code associated with the offense.
- aamva_code: The ACD code designated by DLD for reporting to the Driver License Division.
- dr_lic_rpt: Indicates reportability to Driver License Division.
- bci_rpt: Indicates reportability to Bureau of Criminal Identification.
- fta_flag: Indicates whether fta flag should be set.
- mand_appear_flag: Indicates whether the offense requires a mandatory court appearance.
- deflt_severity: Indicates the default severity level of the offense.
- suggest_bail: The suggested bail amount.
- compliance_credit: The amount that bail should be discounted for compliance.