Shared Master Offense Table
A Shared Master Offense Table has been built to provide consistency in offenses used throughout the criminal justice system. The Utah Prosecution Council, Administrative Office of the Courts, Driver License Division and Bureau of Criminal Identification all contribute to the Shared Master Offense Table.
The file below includes all offenses currently available in the Shared Master Offense table. This file is updated the first week of each month. District and Justice Courts can request an offense code entry in CORIS and the Shared Master Offense table for a code not found using the intranet page Request an Offense Code in CORIS.
For additional questions you can contact Lisa Crenshaw in the Administrative Office of the Courts at 801-578-3875 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brief, non-technical definitions of the fields contained in the file are as follows:
- viol_code: The statutory offense code.
- gov_code: Offenses listed alphabetically by gov_code, a list of the gov codes is attached. PDF| Excel
- descr: A 60 character field used for the description of the offense.
- ncic_code: The NCIC code associated with the offense.
- aamva_code: The ACD code designated by DLD for reporting to the Driver License Division.
- dr_lic_rpt: Indicates reportability to Driver License Division.
- bci_rpt: Indicates reportability to Bureau of Criminal Identification.
- fta_flag: Indicates whether fta flag should be set.
- mand_appear_flag: Indicates whether the offense requires mandatory appearance or not.
- deflt_severity: Indicates the default severity level for the offense.
- suggest_bail: The suggested bail amount.
- compliance_credit: The amount that bail should be discounted for compliance.