Welcome to the juvenile court eFiling web page. This web page was created to provide information to community partners and the public, about the juvenile court's transition to electronic filing The web page contains information and forms on requesting access to CARE, training in CARE, and training materials for community partners and the public. The page also includes links to Online Court Assistance Program (OCAP), the website for assistance in preparing court documents and My Case, a system that allows you to view information about your juvenile case and e-payments. CARE is the Court and Agencies' Record Exchange (CARE) case management system. CARE is a system designed to be used by a wide variety of users and its purpose is to manage data throughout the entire process of involvement with the Juvenile Court. Additionally, the web page includes answers to the "most frequently asked" questions regarding eFiling and CARE questions. Also there is contact information for CARE/eFiling trainers and specialists in each judicial district.
Getting Started with eFiling
In order to electronically file in the Utah Juvenile Court you will need to obtain a CARE login. The Division of Child and Family Services and the Guardian Ad Litem's will electronically file through their own system (SAFE and VOICE) through the existing Interface agreements.
- Instructions on requesting access and training in CARE - PDF
- CARE Computer Requirement Instructions - PDF
Each Director or Owner of a Firm or Agency will need to fill out the Firm/Agency Agreement. This agreement authorizes access in CARE to the Firm or Agency's cases for those individuals that the Agency or Firm identifies as needing access, such as other attorneys in the Firm and/or paralegals.
- Agency/Firm Agreement - PDF
Each individual user of CARE must fill out and sign a User Agreement.
- User Agreement - PDF
Electronic Filing in Utah's Juvenile Courts
- Juvenile Court's eFiling Implementation Plan - PDF
- Juvenile Court's eFiling Information - PDF
- Frequently Asked Questions for Attorneys - PDF
- Utah State Juvenile Court eFiling Standards (Coming Soon)
CARE Information and Training Resources
- Online Training Program (OTP) - eFiling
- CARE and eFiling Trainers - PDF
- Uploading Documents (Available until December 1, 2015) - PDF
- Certificate of Training - PDF
CARE Frequently Asked Questions
- Is CARE compatible with MAC computers?
Yes, CARE is compatible with MAC Computers.
- Is CARE compatible with newer versions of Internet Explorer or with Mozilla, Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome?
CARE is compatible with all versions of Internet Explorer and Google Chrome on PCs only (CARE is not yet available for Chrome on IPads and other tablets). CARE is not available on Mozilla Firefox.
For up to date information regarding browser configuration please access the CARE login page - PDF
- How do I change my CARE password?
Log into CARE. Click Profile applet --> Update Button --> Change Password Button.
- What should I do if I forget my password and/or my password doesn't work?
PDF If you cannot resolve your password issues by following the instructions identified above, please contact your local district Trial Court Executive, Clerk of Court, or CARE/eFiling Trainer.
- I am a community partner that has not logged into CARE for an extended period of time. How do I get my access updates to have my login or password active again?
Contact the local district Trial Court Executive or the Clerk of Court.
- How do I upload documents in CARE? (Available until December 1, 2015)
To access OTP training on uploading documents into CARE, watch this video: Uploading Documents in CARE
- Contact CARE/eFiling Trainers - PDF